J&K

On duty BDO dies of ‘suffocation due to gas poisoning’ in Gurez valley

A 48-year-old on duty Block Development Officer (BDO) died of suffocation due to gas poisoning on Friday afternoon in Gurez valley of North Kashmir’s Bandipora district.

Abdul Saleem Darzi, 28, a resident of South Kashmir’s Anantnag, who was working as BDO Tulail in the department of Rural Development Department (RDD) was found dead in the bathroom of his office on Friday afternoon.

Block Medical Officer (BMO), Gurez, Dr. Tahira Bano said after completing medico-legal formalities it has been ascertained that the man had died due to suffocation caused by some poisonous gas.

Meanwhile, Deputy Commissioner Bandipora, Dr Oweis Ahmad said that the dead body of the deceased employee will be airlifted from snow bound Gurez valley as soon as weather turns conditional, adding that he said he is in contact with Divisional Commissioner Kashmir for further assistance if required and most probably the body will be airlifted by tomorrow. (KDC) 

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button