Youth electrocuted to death in Bandipora
Srinagar: A 22-year-old youth died while another sustained injuries after they received an electric shock in Kuloosa area of north Kashmir’s Bandipora district on Thursday.
A local news gathering agency Kashmir News Observer (KNO) quoting an unnamed official reported that Irfan Ahmad Hajam, son of Gulam Rasool of Kaloosa received an electric shock when he came in contact with a live wire while he was doing shattering work at Kuloosa.
Hajam was immediately taken to the district hospital Bandipora in an unconscious state where doctors declared him dead on arrival, the officer said.
After completing all legal and medical formalities, the body of the deceased was handed over to his family for the last rites, he added.
In the incident, the other youth identified as Aqib Ahmad Ahangar, son of Gulam Ahmad Ahangar of Kuloosa received injuries.
Meanwhile, police have registered a case in this regard and started an investigation—(KNO)