Srinagar: A 23-year-old youth was electrocuted to death in Langerpora village of Chatibandi area in north Kashmir’s Bandipora district on Friday afternoon.
An official told the news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO) that a 23-year-old youth received an electric shock when he came in contact with a live wire at his home.
Following the incident, he was immediately taken to District Hospital Bandipora in an unconscious state where doctors declared him dead on arrival, the official said.
The official identified the deceased as Shahnawaz Ahmad Mir, son of Muhammad Akbar Mir of Langerpora Chatibandi area of Bandipora.
After completing all the legal and medical formalities, the body of the deceased was handed over to his family for the last rites, he added.
Meanwhile, the Police Station Aragam have registered the case and started a further investigation—(KNO)